2013년 5월 22일 수요일

Les Miserables


 Les Miserables is a one of the four great musicals in the world. (The four great musicals in the world: Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Cats and The Phantom of the Opera) It has been continuously popular from its premiere to now. Especially, Les Miserables’s movie version was out in 2013 and was a box office hit! Also, since Yuna Kim who is famous Korean sports star uses its OST in her free skating programe, there is no one that who does not know its OST in Korea.

 This Wednesday, finally I watched it at Samsung Blue Square in Hannam-dong. Actually, everyone knows its plot and highlight because it is the most popular musical in the world. I am already familiar with it, so I did not expect that I will be impressed a lot. However, this masterpiece moved my heart once over and I dropped tears in the intervals.

 It was weekday performance, so the theatre was not fully filled with people. It is more comfort for me to appreciate the musical concentrically. My seat was on the second floor and located in the right side. I personally prefer the second floor seats to the first ones, so it was perfect for me. I could see the whole site of the stage.

 정성화 is the most famous Korean actor as the role of Jean Valjean. I heard that his acting and singing is absolutely amazing a few times before. I realized that his greatness as an actor by seeing his real performance. It was beyond description! So I strongly recommend you Les Miserables when he is playing. It was wonderful experience and I refreshed myself sufficiently!

댓글 1개:

  1. I was able to see Les Miserables for the first time last year through the movie version that was released in Korean theaters. How would you compare the actual performance and the movie?

    If you are a big Les Miserables fan, you might want to read a translation of the original Victor Hugo novel.

    답글삭제