2013년 5월 15일 수요일

Buddha’s Birthday


 In May, there are lots of anniversary days in Korea. Children’s Day was 5th May, Parent’s Day was 8th May, Teacher’s Day was 15th May and this Friday Buddha’s Birthday is coming! Buddha’s Birthday is the eighth day of the fourth month of the lunar calendar. It is a big holiday such as Christmas because many Buddhists are existed and believe their religion.

 I do not have any special religion; on the other hand, my mother usually likes to go to Buddhist temples, so I am very accustomed to go to there with my mom. When the Buddha’s Birthday is coming up, she and I visit the one of Buddhist temples that we want to go and enjoy the atmosphere of it.

 At Buddha’s Birthday, all of the Buddhist temples provide freely the food named Bibimbap, Rice Cake and other kinds of the Buddhism Food. It is a great pleasure that we can taste the food of the Buddhism and feel roughly the Buddhism.

 Also, Lotus Lanterns are displayed along the street, a stream and anywhere that people can set up the lanterns. People who have different religions just look at a fine view and enjoy the holiday. I think Buddha’s Birthday is opened for everyone, and I also have liked and enjoyed it for a long time.

 It is not only good for Korean but also foreign visitors. I usually see that most of foreign visitors are captured by the beautiful scene of Lotus Lantern and the Buddhist temple. This Friday, I will also visit the Buddhist temple which is located in near my house and enjoy his birthday fully!

댓글 1개:

  1. Buddha's Birthday is also one of my favorite holidays in Korea. The lanterns look great at night -- especially in the mountain temples.

    Have you been to the "dragon temple" near the seashore, between Ulsan and Busan?

    답글삭제