2013년 3월 27일 수요일

My Favorite Musical : The Phantom Of The Opera

  If I have time to relax, I usually do several things that I really like. For instance, listening to music, reading, watching a musical etc... Among these things, appreciating a musical is the best one for me!

 
  At last summer vacation, I had had a chance to visit London in UK. That chance enabled me to experience various cultural performance. Especially, London is famous for high-quality musicals. I saw two musicals and the first one was The Phantom Of The Opera. It was that what I really had wanted to appreciate in my lifetime.

 
 
  In this musical, there are 3 main characters ; Christine, Raul and the Phantom. Christine is a noted prima donna, so everybody adores her. Raul is the fianc of her. They love each other a lot. There was nothing wrong with them before the Phantom appears. However, the existence of the Phantom makes everyone tremble for fear. He kills some people who did not obey his order, and also kidnaps Christine when she fell asleep. His kidnapping comes from his love headed for her. But he did not know that how he can express his mind to her, so he forces her to marry him. Meanwhile, Raul sets off in search of his fiancé. Raul and the Phantom are opposed to each other extremely. Their love triangle heightens the audience’s spirits. Finally, the Phantom lets her go and vanishes as if by magic. This is the story and that’s that.


  If somebody asks me that why you like this musical a lot, I will say that I feel very familiar with it. While I grow up especially in my adolescence, I saw it over and over again. It gives me unexplainable impression each time. Perhaps, when I am old enough to be called grandma, I will still love it!

댓글 1개:

  1. Was it easy to get tickets for the musical? From what I understand, The Phantom of the Opera has been one of the most popular musicals in the 20th (and now the 21st) century...

    답글삭제